When you expand up in and around h2o, you get employed to all of the exciting factors you can do in it. Splashing, diving, cannonballs, h2o balloons, h2o polo and so much added. Our frog household is at assets in the h2o, so we envision we are in particular correctly outfitted to supply the lowdown on Universal’s Volcano Bay. We ended up fortuitous enough to check out Orlando’s latest h2o park as element of its official opening and made use of loads of time getting to know this waturi paradise.
This household information and facts has everything you need to have to have to know about the wonderful slides, lazy rivers, electronic queue, eating choices and even a couple of FAQs—it’s all ideal listed here. So hop to it!
Overview | Parking & Transportation | Vacation resort Benefits | Rides | TapuTapu Digital Queue | Approaches | Restaurants | Cabanas & Distinct Passes | Low cost Tickets | FAQs
Universal’s Volcano Bay Overview & Theming
Kia’Ora! Or welcome. We could not aid but be drawn into the tale powering this water concept park with a enormous volcano at its middle. It commences with the native islanders who discovered Volcano Bay—the Waturi. As the legend goes, the Waturi traveled the ocean, searching for the Kunuku. This legendary fish guided the Waturi to Volcano Bay. On locating this island paradise, the Waturi created it their home—adding in all kinds of slides and ordeals that employed and celebrated h2o.
If the backstory is any indication, this is just not your typical h2o park. Common is calling Volcano Bay it is “third gate,” a h2o concept park. The powers that be have poured in the same diploma of element, storytelling and immersion for Volcano Bay as it has done with Universal’s Islands of Journey and Common Studios Florida. You’ll feel as while you’ve bought just observed out this island paradise and will not probable at any time want to leave. There are thoughtful specifics that transcend the typical h2o park doing the job experience.
Homes will in particular get pleasure in the conveniences of household restrooms scattered around the park that include private, roll-in showers, adequate seating and umbrellas in the sand at most rides’ shut, numerous each day everyday living jacket spots, and in particular TapuTapu, it is no charge wearable merchandise that allows business to pretty much queue as well as a bunch of other factors! These seemingly little specifics make for a much added enjoyable concept and h2o park doing the job experience.
Universal’s Volcano Bay Parking & Transportation
Enterprise not remaining on-world wide web web page at an official lodge will park in the repeated Common Orlando Holiday vacation resort parking framework situated at Common CityWalk. Although parking at Common CityWalk is not no charge, there are free shuttles from the Common CityWalk parking complete whole lot to Volcano Bay. The Common CityWalk offer with is 6000 Common Blvd, Orlando FL 32819 for your mapping enjoyment. On-world wide web web page lodge business will have no charge bus transportation to Volcano Bay. They also have their have committed entrance to Volcano Bay at Universal’s Cabana Bay Seashore Holiday vacation resort. Although it is most practical for Cabana Bay business, any resort lodge visitor is welcome to use it. You will need to have to have to evidently present your area significant. All business will go by implies of steadiness.
Universal’s Volcano Bay On-World-wide-web-web page Vacation resort Optimistic features
Aside from the superb perk of turning out to be just a hop, skip and a bounce away from the exhilaration, it will help make a complete whole lot of feeling to continue being at a Common Orlando Holiday vacation resort lodge. All on-world wide web web page lodge business will get hold of Early Park Admission to Volcano Bay, which is 1 hour early admission prior to the park opens for the day. Although business remaining at determine on Common Orlando Holiday vacation resort inns get hold of no charge Common Distinct Unrestricted Passes at Universal’s Islands of Journey and Common Studios Florida, this reward will not be prolonged to Universal’s Volcano Bay.
The two inns closest to Universal’s Volcano Bay are Universal’s Cabana Bay Seashore Resort and Loews Sapphire Falls Holiday vacation resort, even even though all of Universal’s inns are convenient and will have no charge shuttles. Common not prolonged in the past opened two new towers at Cabana Bay that are the closest to the h2o park. The Beachside Tower is the closest, and some of the rooms and household suites present wonderful views of the park. Talking of household suites, these two new towers have a constrained collection of two-bed room, two-bathroom suites. (Save by booking your Common Orlando lodge area with us!)
Universal’s Volcano Bay Rides & Amusement
The centerpiece of Volcano Bay, Krakatau (kra-kuh-TAU) stands two hundred ft above the park. It truly is the most significant peak in Florida (no joke!), and when you climb all the way to the main you envision it! Krakatau Volcano really is the most superb component of the park. From the entrance, it is unquestionably spectacular, with streaming waterfalls and a glimpse of the very clear tube of its most demise-defying slide. At evening time, it will present fiery lava consequences.
The again all over again aspect is open, with a collection of stairs to its optimum rides and a mass of tubes. The park’s icon serves at the basis for four distinctive slides.
- Krakatau Aqua Coaster. This to start off with-of-its-range-in-Florida household slide is the park’s signature trip and a have to-do! Krakatau Aqua Coaster will deliver out your four-particular individual canoe UPHILL and racing by implies of dim twists and turns in the volcano. For a grand finale, you may well be despatched plunging by implies of a waterfall! This aqua coaster will use linear induction motor technology—magnets will “pull” your canoe up the aspect.
- Ko’kiri All round system Plunge : For persons of you courageous enough to just get the plunge, you may well just get a 70-diploma tumble while a slide door and down a hundred twenty five ft of slide. Your reward will be sliding by implies of a pool loaded with business!
- Kala & Tai Nui Serpentine All round system Slides: Join Kala and Tai Nui the area sea and sky fulfill and just get a leap of faith from exceptional atop the volcano. Twin slide doorways at the same time plunge two business down very clear, intertwining tubes prior to sending them joyfully splashing into the turquoise waters under.
- Punga Racers: A favored amid the Waturi younger kids of all ages, Punga Racers deliver out 1 riders on their manta ray mats sliding down four lanes by implies of underwater sea caves. And to this day, the to start off with racer to cross the complete line receives a watery salute from Punga himself.
Wave Village is situated at the basis of Krakatau Volcano.
- Waturi Seashore: This is a glowing, multi-directional wave pool the area business can swim and rest on the sand. There is significant seating on the seaside, and the choice to up grade to high quality seating (two padded loungers with a deal with, lockbox, and meals and consume attendant) or indulge in private, 1- or two-tale cabanas.
- The Reef: This adjacent leisure pool supplies business with calmer waters and exceptional views of riders dashing by implies of the very clear tube of Ko’kiri All round system Plunge.
Nestled along with the shores of a river, Rainforest Village will present business places for peace and exhilaration.
- Maku Puihi: North America’s to start off with “saucer ride” sends multi-passenger rafts dashing around a few saucer-shaped curves.
- Ohyah and Ohno Fall Slides: These two twisting slides start off business from the tubes four- and six-ft above the h2o for an adrenaline-pumping plunge into this 10-foot-deep pool. We really only advocate it for powerful swimmers.
- TeAwa The Fearless River: This swift-going river has multiple locations to get on and off. For moms and dads or younger tadpoles who you need to not want to get component, there is a excellent seaside with coated seating amid Maku Puihi and the Taniwha Tubes.
- Taniwha Tubes: These are four separate Easter Island-encouraged slides with rafts for 1 or double riders.
- Puka Uli Lagoon: This tranquil zero-entry pool with sandy seaside is the excellent location for the younger tadpoles to just chill out whilst the added fearless types deal with Ohyah and Ohno ideal subsequent to it.
The colorful River Village offers fun for all ages, which contain the pretty youngest tadpoles.
- Kopiko Wai Winding River: The picturesque lazy river passes by implies of the volcano’s concealed caves, showcasing spontaneous h2o consequences and distinctive nighttime lights.
- Tot Tiki Reef: This whimsical toddler appreciate area has spraying Maori fountains, slides and a child-proportions volcano.
- Runamukka Reef: Upcoming to Tot Tiki Reef, this sprawling h2o appreciate area is encouraged by the coral reef. It is overflowing with twisting slides, sprinklers and added. For moms and dads with younger tadpoles, this is in all likelihood the location to employ a cabana (even even though there normally are not a whole lot of). We dare you to examination to get your little types to leave!
- Honu Ika Moana: It truly is 1 title, but two distinctive multi-passenger raft slides. The daring amid the you will want to examination Honu, with its two substantial partitions that make for some stomach-dropping moments. Experience the waves of Ika Moana just like the historic Waturi on this for a for a longer period time, twisting journey.
Common Volcano Bay TapuTapu Wearable
Two prevalent hassles uncovered in h2o parks are carrying tubes and all set in prolonged lines—usually trying to keep pointed out tubes. Volcano Bay is tackling persons inconveniences by decreasing them! Its resolution is TapuTapu—an interactive bracelet that you may well be given when you enter the park. TapuTapu is no charge and demanded to trip the slides. You can give it again all over again when you leave at the shut of the day.
How does TapuTapu do the occupation on rides?
When you get there at a trip, you may well see the the latest wait time. If you want to “get in line,” just touch your TapuTapu on the totem pole. Then head to the wave pool or lazy river, or get a cocktail and a chunk to get in. Your TapuTapu will alert you when it is time to trip. You can only reserve 1 trip at a time. You may well possibly also be able to reserve Krakatau Aqua Coaster at the same time with other rides. This was turning out to be furnished when we visited, but we’ve listened to that it is just not anymore. It would not hurt to glance at! If you find a shorter wait time at a even more trip, you can reserve it alternatively, but you may well eliminate your other electronic location in line.
We’ve read activities of prolonged wait moments for rides and qualified them ourselves in the to start off with months of procedure. We have listened to that Common is trying different tactics to offer with the problems and to be truthful, we would be anticipating that there would be some kinks to do the occupation out with any park that is a couple of months earlier. We be anticipating that there will be a resolution shortly.
What else does TapuTapu do?
TapuTapu lets guests unlock interactive attributes in the park—shooting h2o cannons on riders or revealing pictures in Krakatau’s concealed caves. You can use TapuTapu at distinctive photograph places around the park to straight away hyperlink your pics to your My Common Impression account.
Enterprise also have the choice to insert a credit score rating card to their TapuTapu for the greatest, fingers-no charge park doing the job experience. (Common is calling this TapTu Shell out.) It truly is not demanded, but you can use it to shell out again for your locker, souvenirs or products and solutions, meals and beverages.
How to Founded Up TapTu Shell out
You can do this at any time, but we advocate you do it prior to you head to the park.
- Produce a Common Orlando account on line or use the official application on your telephone.
- Tap the wallet icon (in the decreased ideal corner of the application) or from the main menu.
- Enter your credit score rating card details.
- Relationship your party’s Volcano Bay tickets. You can significant the figures in manually, but scanning the bar code is most simple. Never get fearful! You can proven shelling out restrictions for each individual bash member.
- Produce a pin that your full bash will use for buys.
If you proven up an account, your card will be joined to your TapuTapu when you enter the park. At the shut of the day, all of your individualized details will be unlinked from it.
Our Big Volcano Bay Approaches
one. Remain on-world wide web web page at a Common Orlando Holiday vacation resort lodge, if possible at Universal’s Cabana Bay Seashore Holiday vacation resort. Although all of the hotel business can use the official Volcano Bay committed entrance at Cabana Bay, it is easier to get to if you transpire to be remaining at Cabana Bay. You have to evidently present your area significant. You also get 1 hour early entry, which is the best way to doing the job experience the most preferred rides with the lowest waits of the day.
two. Invest in a multi-day Common park-to-park ticket that consists of Volcano Bay or take into consideration getting a Volcano Bay Distinct Move if you only have 1 day (presently unavailable). We really envision the best way to doing the job experience Volcano Bay is to do it around a couple of moments. Park hopping is uncomplicated at Common, in particular if you transpire to be remaining at an on-world wide web web page lodge and have far more experienced younger kids. With for a for a longer period time summer months numerous several hours, it is not a stretch to visit all a few parks in 1 day. In the program of a a few-day check out, we would program for 1 committed day at Volcano Bay. We may dedicate two moments hopping amid Common Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Journey, and then may well possibly hop around to the h2o park for a couple of numerous several hours in the evening.
a few. Produce your Common account and your credit score rating card if you transpire to be heading to use the faucet-to-shell out again features of TapuTapu prior to you get to the park. You can find it tremendous uncomplicated to get in, consume and be merry—plus employ a locker when your credit score rating card is by now tied to your account.
four. Get there ahead of park opening. From now ideal until finally tumble, be anticipating there to be exceptional crowds at Volcano Bay. If the h2o rides, specifically the thrill rides, are a priority, then hit them to start off with subject. We would trip Krakatau Aqua Coaster to start off with, then ride Ko’kiri All round system Plunge and Kala & Tai Nui Serpentine All round system Slides. It truly is pretty not likely that you would be able to trip everything in 1 day, in particular thinking of that some rides have numerous slides, except if you have a Volcano Bay Distinct Move.
5. Have only 1 particular individual go to the locker area. This is 1 of our concept park pet peeves, but the over-all household would not need to have to have to be hovered around the locker. Although the locker area is alternatively roomy at Volcano Bay, make it less difficult on anybody (oneself integrated) and have 1 bash member established everything away.
six. Pick out your location. If you normally are not arranging on renting high quality seating or a cabana, there’s a even more wonderful reward to arriving early—you can determine a key location with your chairs. Volcano Bay has great seating around the rides and attractions. If you have younger younger kids, you may well possibly want to park it at the tadpole-nice, scaled-down Puka Uli Lagoon pool. For far more experienced younger kids or grown ups, you can not go improper with Waturi Seashore.
7. Approach on a hike to Ko’kiri All round system Plunge and the Kala & Tai Nui Serpentine All round system Slides. These a few rides are at the pretty main of the two hundred-foot Krakatau Volcano. I failed to rely my hops, but it feels like it is at the pretty the very least double the collection of techniques of the other park rides. This is the optimum peak in Florida ideal just after all! It truly is a disgrace TapuTapu will not probable rely your techniques!
eight. Beware if you have a fear of heights AND claustrophobia. We mentioned the height, but persons of you with a fear of confined locations may well perfectly want to skip these capsule slide slides with trapdoors (and there are very clear panes so you can see what is under)!
nine. Make positive you’ve bought bought powerful swimmers if you program to do the Ohno and Ohyah slide slides. These two physique slides plunge into a 10-foot-deep pool!
Universal’s Volcano Bay Restaurants & Eating
The Waturi folks have to have really appreciated the delicacies of the a whole lot of islands they visited prior to landing at Volcano Bay. Their culinary discoveries provide as the inspiration for the tempting meals and drinks easily available in the park. There will be a lot of spots serving uniquely island-encouraged meals for the over-all household. There is the typical concept park meals fare, but there are also added distinctive choices.
Kohola Reef Cafe: Located at the basis of Krakatau volcano and closest to the entrance of the park, this cafe serves new island favorites, which contain tangy Mango BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Quinoa Edamame Burgers or crunchy Coconut Crusted Fried Rooster.
Dancing Dragons Boat Bar: Shaped as an ancient outrigger canoe, this bar will refresh you with tropical cocktails and frozen beverages. Sit a spell and just get in the volcano views. We really advocate Vol’s Fire Punch—a heady concoction showcasing Mt. Homosexual Rum, new pineapple juice, agave, Sprite and grenadine.
Bambu: This shaded hideaway on the backside of the park provides fast-and-uncomplicated eats this type of as the Reka Burger, Pretzel Pup or the Tropical Fruit Salad.
Whakawaiwai Eats: Munch on dishes this type of as Island BBQ Rooster Pizza, Tropical Infant Greens salad and Hawaiian Pizza. This is the area you can find the hearty Shrimp Mac and Cheese. We like the shaded seating all through the way that appears to be out to the again all over again aspect of Runamukka Reef.
Kunuku Boat Bar: Also on the backside of the park, this is your halt for frozen beverages, specialty cocktails, fountain sodas and draft beers. It truly is named after the mythical fish that guided the Waturi islanders to Volcano Bay.
The Feasting Frog: This snack shop—SHAPED LIKE A TROPICAL FROG—serves beverages and treats this type of as the Poke Poke Bowl, Taco Sampler, or Plantain Chips & Guacamole.
Universal’s Volcano Bay Cabanas, Excellent Seating, Common Distinct & Much more
Premium Seating and Cabanas
For persons of us added into shaded lounging than swimming, Volcano Bay has upgrades that present added reward and relaxation.
There is high quality seating around the repeated seating at the trip, lazy river and wave pool seashore spots. Excellent seating consists of a pair of padded loungers with an adjustable shade deal with and a built-in storage lockbox. You can enjoy the companies of an area attendant who’ll see to your meals and consume orders. “We’ll have a even more spherical of Vol’s Hearth Punch, bear in mind to! Mommy Frog has uncovered her joyful location.”He or she can also reserve your TapuTapu moments devoid of you having to reserve at the rides. Volcano Bay high quality seating begins off at $29.99 for each individual pair for each individual day as well as tax. Only connect with one-877-489-8068 for reservations.
Go cabana or go assets. Near to the park, you can pick out from 1- or two-tale cabanas that get there with padded lounge chairs, a compact fridge stocked with bottled h2o, complimentary fruit and snack basket, towel and locker business, as well as concierge business with an special menu of meals and consume shipped straight to the cabana, and TapuTapu trip scheduling. Charges start off out at $159.99 for each individual day as well as tax for 1 cabana units, which keep up to six folks. They are easily available as upper-diploma cabanas with wonderful views, floor-diploma cabanas for uncomplicated access or stand-by by yourself cabanas with added privateness. Partner and kids suite cabanas, which keep up to sixteen folks, are easily available starting up up at $299.99 for each individual day as well as tax. These are enormous, private stand-by by yourself cabanas. Call one-877-489-8068 for reservations.
If you have tadpoles, you may well perfectly want to take into consideration the cabanas around Runamukka Reef or Puka Uli Lagoon. If you want a key location around Waturi Seashore for all day waves, we like the cabanas closest to the Waturi Marketplace.
Volcano Bay Common Distinct – Presently Unavailable
Although Volcano Bay Distinct Passes are presently unavailable, we’ve retained the specifics ideal listed here. Drinking h2o park company also have the choice of getting Common Distinct or Common Distinct, which will be included onto your TapuTapu. With it, you can skip the electronic line at determine on attractions. (It is not easily available on Krakatau Aqua Coaster.) You can be directed to begin to the boarding area, reasonably than introduced a return time.
Just as you have at the other parks, you can obtain Volcano Bay Common Distinct Unrestricted and trip an endless collection of moments starting up up at $39.99 for each individual day as well as tax. Or you can get a Volcano Bay Distinct Move, good for 1 time at each individual collaborating trip, starting up up at $19.99 for each individual day as well as tax. We do not presently sell Universal Distinct.
Continuing in the quest to improve the h2o park doing the job experience, Common is creating it less difficult to retail outlet and get to your things. Lockers are situated in the distinctive park regions, so you by no implies have to be much much too considerably away. What’s more, you can unlock and lock them with your Tapu Tapu.
There are a lot of stores that present sunscreen, swimsuits, hats, sunshine shades, swim diapers and cool Universal’s Volcano Bay brand merch.
Common Volcano Bay Discount Tickets
If you’ve bought bought your swim trunks, we’ve bought your reduced cost tickets. Genuinely. We are selling Universal Volcano Bay reduced cost tickets along with Universal Studios and Islands of Journey. If you transpire to be not positive which types to get, you need to not fret. We have established together a publish on which Universal Orlando ticket is best for your household.
Universal’s Volcano Bay FAQs
What are the Volcano Bay Experience Top and Volcano Bay Kilos Restrictions?
Top Restrictions vary on each individual attraction, but ideal listed here are the basics—
- If you are around 48″ then you can go on everything, apart from the kiddie regions.
- Some slides need persons amid 42″ and 48″ to trip with a supervising companion.
- Rivers, pools and seashore spots have no height restrictions, but younger kids amid 42″–48″ (107cm-122cm) have to don a U.S. Coast Guard-accredited each day everyday living vest.
As for Volcano Bay weight restrictions, some rides—including the numerous-rider, raft rides—have a weight restrict. When you get there at the main of the trip, a crew member will have your bash motion into a sq. that discreetly weighs your group.
You can see height restrictions, as well as a ton added details about each individual trip on our Common Volcano Bay rides webpage.
What are the Volcano Bay A range of-Rider Rides?
Ika Moana, two-5 riders
Honu, two-four riders
Krakatoa, two-four riders
Maku Puihi, two-six riders
Taniwha Tubes, 1-two riders
What is the depth of the pools and slides?
Depths vary in accordance to attractions. Riders need to have to get hold of their have means to swim prior to boarding any slide or attraction. Riders can also examine warning signals posted at the entrance to each individual trip prior to creating a collection to trip. Sturdy swimming means is demanded at each similarly Ohyah and Ohno Fall Slides (pool depth is 10 ft) as correctly as the TeAwa Fearless River.
Is Volcano Bay Available for Enterprise with Disabilities?
Wheelchair accessibility is easily available at Maku and Puihi Round Raft Rides as correctly as Krakatau Aqua Coaster by working with elevator get hold of. Enterprise employing wheelchairs may well perfectly also transfer from their wheelchair to Kopiko Wai Winding River, TeAwa Fearless River, Puka Uli Leisure Pool, The Reef Leisure Pool, and Waturi Seashore Wave Pool. Enterprise have to fulfill all ridership requires, which implies retaining ideal driving doing the job experience in the program of the attraction doing the job experience.
In this article is more accessibility information from Universal’s site.
Are there showers at Volcano Bay?
Enterprise will find restrooms, showers and lockers scattered around the park for your reward. Furthermore, there are household restrooms around the park that present added privateness, roll-in get hold of and a shower.
Can I Set on Footwear On The Slides?
Shoes—flip flops, sandals, h2o footwear are permitted on some of the slides. We remember taking away them prior to driving Maku Puihi, Ohno and Ika Moana. Slides that do not empower footwear have locations to retail outlet them prior to you head up to the slide.
Is Volcano Bay Open up Calendar yr-Round?
In fact. You can doing the job experience it for the period of the exceptionally hot summer months months and the good wintertime moments. Just about all of the pools and Orlando h2o parks are heated for the period of cooler moments. From time to time, the Orlando h2o parks around primarily since of exceptionally chilly moments in the wintertime months, but they are couple of and considerably amid.
Should to I See Volcano Bay Much more than An additional Orlando Spot Drinking h2o Park?
If you transpire to be by now arranging a journey to Common Orlando, we think it’s unquestionably value introducing an far more day to doing the job experience Volcano Bay. It truly is also uncomplicated to insert in a couple of numerous several hours ideal listed here or there to your existing journey with the park-to-park tickets.
We hope you’ve bought uncovered everything you need to have to have to know prior to you head to Universal’s Volcano Bay! If you nonetheless have inquiries, slide us a line in responses under!
Suitable: Why Remain at a Common Orlando Vacation resort